Saturday, August 1, 2009

Consistant Change

Like many others I know, I often find myself resistant to change. When I first started shooting black and white film, I shot 400 speed film for a long time. When I first moved to Color I only shot Slide Film. I resisted going from a film camera to a digital camera for at least 5 years. I have used Photoshop 7 for over 10 years. I don't say these things to boast; in fact, it's just the opposite. When I first used a digital camera, I almost threw it away. Of course, shooting a soccer game with a standard grade SD card may have had something to do with that.

As time goes forward, so must we, if we want to continue to have any hopes of success in photography. I have a friend who collects digital backgrounds. She shoots most of her portraits on green screen then adds any one of several hundred choices after the fact. I'm not saying this is the way we should all start taking portraits, but I do admire her for thinking outside the box. She has no studio overhead cost. She can shoot her subjects almost anywhere, and she gives her customers choices they can NOT get with any studio in the area.

My current website, 700+ pages in size was all created with Front Page, which is not being supported by more and more web servers. In the next few months, I will be redesigning my site with Dreamweaver CS3. I will be learning the ins and outs of this "blog" stuff, and . . . believe it or not I will be moving up to Photoshop CS3. These changes will be a little overwhelming at first, I'm sure. But in the end I think it will all be worth it.

If we can share insights and motivation on this Blog, I believe we can all benefit. I thought at first, it was I that entered your email addresses to allow you to post to this site for example. I was wrong, you sign up with your own personal information in the section that says: "Join this Site". I invite one and all to do just that. If you will forgive my learning curve, I think you will find we can all grow and become more successful from sharing each others combined experiences.

3 comments:

  1. WooHoo!!! Way to join the 21st century Ted. I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete

  2. This article is extremely useful and interesting, Thanks for sharing such an instructive article with us.

    keep updating.....! By the way , this information is very informative also ---> 7 Best Camera Apps for Your Smartphone.

    ReplyDelete