Saturday, August 8, 2009

Depth of Field

Just wanted to put my two cents worth in on the depth of field question. I will not comment on what depth of field that I find most realistic, but I would like to state my opinion on what depth of field I find the most pleasing.

I find that a shallow depth of field not only isolates your subject, but also can give your photo an almost dream-like quality and a sense of wonder or mystery.
For me that's what photography is all about--creating a daydream that we can share with others.




4 comments:

  1. I like your shot and your philosophy. I often shoot with a small depth of field to help simplify the viewing experience. I want the viewer to enjoy the magic of the moment, not get lost in so much detail, that they don't know what to look at next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tedric,

    This is the busy season for me (in landscaping) so I probably won't be very active on your blog until late fall, but I love your idea of having multiple contributors to your blog. Keep up the great work.

    All the Best, Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. great articles, Maybe you want to check this out also How to Watermark Your Picasa Photos.

    ReplyDelete

  4. This article is extremely useful and interesting, Thanks for sharing such an instructive article with us.

    keep updating.....! By the way , this information is very informative also ---> 500px Adds Sets and Analytics.

    ReplyDelete