Thursday, August 6, 2009

Who motivates the motivator?

Some people have said that not only do I burn my candle at both ends, but sometimes it almost appears that I have a blow torch going in the middle. To those people I reply; "If I shoot for the stars and ONLY reach the sky; am I really a failure, compared to those who were too afraid to reach beyond their own limitations?"

I try therefore I am. Note; I did NOT say I think therefore I am. Many people think about what they want. Many people hope, plan, and dream to accomplish something, someday. I am all about trying new ideas, DOING something different. Some people would say I'm setting myself up for failure. If I try 10 new things; that nobody thinks I can do, and I only achieve 1 does that make me a failure? What if by some miracle I actually achieve 2 or 3? Since nobody thought I could do it to begin with, failure becomes kind of relevant, don't you think?

One of my heroes is Thomas Edison who stated, "I have NOT failed. I've found 10,000 ways that won't work." I treat my photography, my website, and my personal ambition to leave a positive influence on the world with the same attitude. If I offend any who think I spend too much time with my head in the clouds I reply, "Only my shoulders are in the clouds . . . my eyes are staring at the universe beyond."

2 comments:


  1. great articles, Maybe you want to check this out also 500px: The New Hotness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article is extremely useful and interesting, Thanks for sharing such an instructive article with us.

    keep updating.....! By the way , this information is very informative also ---> Flickr-ing Out.

    ReplyDelete